Tuesday, October 8, 2013

National Debt and the Government Shutdown

As a free American I love that our country is so benevolent to other countries and to our own disadvantaged countrymen. However we do not seem to be in a position to spend so liberally. I would love to see our leaders reform our welfare system into a necessity driven feeding and housing of the poor instead of our apparent rewarding of those less fortunate. I would love to see tax breaks for any organization pitching in to help feed the poor. We should care for the poor in such a way that they are fed and warm, but still motivated to go out and get a job and become a part of the solution.

I would love to see our government begin rewarding businessmen for bringing jobs into our borders instead of punishing them for being wealthy. I would love to see us cut government spending to 50% of our total income. This would be drastic, and it would hurt, but in my opinion we have no other choice. 

In my opinion, we should live off of what we have not what we want to have. If our expenses continue to exceed our income we will never have a financial surplus again. If we do not spend far less than we make we will never truly be a free nation again.

As Americans we will only ever be as free as we are willing to be. If we continue to vote in leaders who will do whatever it takes to give us whatever we want then we should not be surprised when we lose everything we have. I for one am willing to do whatever it takes to stay free.


No comments:

Post a Comment