Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gun Control - as I see it

Every day, I trust crazy maniacs who have had a terrible day to drive my direction at 55 MPH with only a small median or guardrail separating our two vehicles. I don’t trust them because cars are inherently good. I trust them because if they were to lash out and willfully smash into my F-150 intending to kill me they would be faced with the dilemma of an equal and opposite reaction. Their intent to kill or maim me would be met with their own destruction.

I would not trust that same driver at the county fair surrounded by hundreds of defenseless pedestrians.

When we disarm a law-abiding society for the sake of a few deranged maniacs it’s like setting that driver free in a playground. Why don’t gunmen shoot up police stations or Hunting shops? Why do they target secure gun-free areas like school zones and Navy yards and shopping malls? Because they are week and scared. That’s why.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life". Robert A Heinlein

Photo credit: azcapitoltimes.com via Google images 


No comments:

Post a Comment